Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Review: Saving Dallas


Saving Dallas
Saving Dallas by Kim Jones

Overall Rating: 2 of 5 stars
Sultry Scale: 3 of 5 flames






When the self-righteous, millionaire bachelorette, Dallas Knox walks into Hattiesburg’s largest night club she is looking for one thing – a one night stand with no strings attached. What she doesn’t expect is to find herself at the mercy of the Devil’s Renegades Motorcycle Club and their President-Luke Carmical.
Luke is dangerous, sexy, and dark. The life he lives is far different from the privileged life Dallas is accustomed to.
Can she accept the lifestyle of an MC?
Can she handle the domineering nature of Luke?
Or is it too late to save Dallas from the path she has chosen…

Unfortunately, I just could not get into this book. The writing was very stilted to me and just didn't flow. I found myself rewording the story as I read (not substantively, but writing style). However, I think this is the author's first book so I'm gonna cut her some slack.

I couldn't connect with Dallas as a character. The story started out with her drinking alone in a dive bar... and I just lost all respect for her. Luke, on the other hand, was interesting and a bit mysterious. But we never learn anything about him.

Overall, the story was kinda hokey and unrealistic. I had to chuckle at the part where it described her fabulous closet as having 70 pair of shoes. Come on - she is this millionaire heiress and she only has 70 pair of shoes? I have more than that! The book did pick up about 3/4s of the way through, and there were some nice plot twists and a little action. But things were never really explained. Maybe the back stories and secrets will be explained later in the series. There wasn't a cliffhanger, just an ending that let you know the story wasn't finished. Curiosity will keep me reading.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment