Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Review: Escaping Destiny by Amelia Hutchins



Escaping Destiny by Amelia Hutchins

My Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Sultry Scale: 4 of 5 flames

I thought things couldn't get worse. I was wrong. 
I found out what I really wanted and was forced to give him up. Just as I found out who I really am, I was presented to the elusive Horde King as a gift. 
This was the mystical being I was hidden from for more than twenty years. 
Although Ryder promised to save me, I couldn't let him get near this creature, so I willingly (sort of) signed myself over to be his new plaything. 
Now in the Horde Realm, nothing is going remotely like I thought it would. 
My powers and emotions are on the fritz, and each day seems to bring surprises that I am not sure how to deal with. 
The Horde King thinks he has me exactly where he wants me. 
He thinks he has taken all of my options away. 
I still have choices. 
Embracing what destiny has planned for me, or escaping it.


I wish I had written this review before I started Seducing Destiny... that was my mistake. It's already overshadowing what I read in Book 3. Argh! So I'm gonna try to remember... here goes!

We finally found out the identity of the elusive Horde King (like we didn't know already). I was annoyed with Syn at this point. How was she so freaking blind? I mean, she had seen his beast eyes and heard the multi-layered voice before. And could his beast form really look that different? It doesn't seem like it is from the description. I love that the beast is a Terrible Beauty... though I wish he had a name. I don't like calling him beast. And come on, how can you not love a creature made for sex with an 8" tongue? Freaky, Ms. Hutchins. I see you.

Ristan continues to be my favorite secondary character. I would really like to see him get his own book... but I have a feeling there is something going on between him and Danu. The whole conversation between Ristan and Ryder about wooing cracked me up. Ryder ended up being pretty good w/ the woo, despite his misgivings. I loved that he took her to the OPI Headquarters. That was a nice touch.

Overall I don't feel like there was a ton of action in this book - we just had a nice enjoyable progression of the story... but nothing too earth shattering. There was some drama about Ryder's pre-arranged engagement to Claire's sister, and Claire continues to be a huge biatch. Syn finally fully accepts her destiny and that she is fae... but there is foreshadowing she may be more than we thought. Keep reading to find out!

Favorite quotes from this book?

Suck it, Fairy!
I don't plan to suck anything. I plan to lick it until it flows down my face.
*****************************************************************************
Now just because I'm letting you touch my sword and play with it Flower, doesn't mean we're dating and shit. Don't go getting the wrong impression here.
*****************************************************************************

Good girls get special kisses.

Other Books in Series:
1. Fighting Destiny
2. Taunting Destiny
4. Seducing Destiny



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment