Saturday, February 7, 2015

Review: Silent Whisper (Limbo Series #1) by Andrea Smith

Silent Whisper (Limbo Series #1) by Andrea Smith

My rating: 3 of 5 stars
Sultry Scale: 2 of 5 flames

Parrish Locke is 27 years old, a successful model with a gorgeous boyfriend, and a loft in Manhattan. Little does she know that during a photo shoot in Chester, West Virginia, an unfortunate car accident will change her life . . . forever. Parrish discovers she's gifted in a very special way, and thus begins a suspense-filled journey that unravels secrets and mysteries from the past. Once her journey ends, it is the beginning for Parrish because only she holds the key that will bridge the past to the present, and allow wrongs to be righted from beyond. From mafia capos, to steamy romance,to solving the unsolved, her journey is one that provides the blueprint for her future--one she never imagined possible.


This book was different than anything else I've read in a while. I don't quite know how to categorize it. It's got a little bit of a paranormal element, but it's not a paranormal romance. There are some elements that go back in time, but it's not a time travel. And I wouldn't say it was romantic suspense either.

You basically have 2 storylines going on at the same time. The first concerns 27 y/o model, Parrish Locke. I have to say that I didn't care for her. And what 27 y/o says things like "Whatevs" and "Yeppers"? Please tell me I'm not that old yet, b/c I felt ancient reading her parts. Then you have Karlie and Dominic (can't tell you who they are w/o giving away a spoiler) and their story takes place in the 80s amid mafiosos, perms, shoulder pads and banana clips. I liked their part of the story... and was disappointed when it kinda ended.

This book is the first in a series, and it appears that future books will continue with the same trope - modern girl helping the deceased carry out their unfinished business. Will I keep reading? I'm gonna try one more in the series before I make up my mind. It helps that these books are available on Kindle Unlimited.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment