Saturday, February 28, 2015

Review: Unblocked Episode One by Marni Mann

Unblocked - Episode One by Marni Mann

My Rating: 4 of 5 stars
Sultry Scale: 4 of 5 stars

Pub Date:  March 10, 2015

Derek Block seeks revenge. Frankie Jordan seeks professional dominance. He wants her, she wants him. Lines that can't cross begin to blur. Things start heating up as real estate gets real…

This is the first episode of a five-episode novella series.


This was a quick steamy read that you can knock out in an hour or so. It's a serial, and I have said enough how much I hate serials so I won't rant here. I will just say that it's hard to rate and review an incomplete story.

Derek is a ruggedly sexy environmentally conscious developer of real estate. Frankie is a classy uptight real estate agent. Both have secrets or dramas that we get hints of in this first episode... but the main aspect of the story was the building sexual tension between the two. And it was H-O-T. Frankie's dreams alone are enough to get your motor running. Frankie is insecure but Derek has enough confidence for them both. When they get together, I'm sure it will be explosive.

This storyline involving real estate development was a first for me. I had to go see what pink ivory looked like as I had never heard of it. But the longer I spend as a lawyer, the more I like reading stories about other professions. Hopefully that isn't saying something about my job satisfaction! This story kinda reminds me of Trust in Advertising by Victoria Michaels, which was a 5* read for me. This one has the same potential, it's just too early to tell. I look forward to when the serial is finished.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment