Sunday, October 18, 2015

Stackin' the Shelves #6 and RT Readers and Writers Roundup Recap

Hello Bambinas!
Welcome back to Stackin' the Shelves, the weekly feature where I showcase all the books I have accepted for review, one-clicked, won or borrowed from the library!  This edition of StS is going to be a little longer since I missed last week and need to recap RT Readers and Writers Roundup, where I met so many nice and fun authors.  Have you picked up any of these reads or did you attend the RT Roundup?







So for my birthday weekend, I decided to hit up the RT Readers & Writers Roundup in League City, Texas at the South Shore Harbor Resort.  Our hotel rooms weren't great - they were outdated with small beds, and I had holes in my sheets and ceiling!  But comfort aside, we had a pretty good time.

Friday Night:  Group Dinner! A few of us readers and bloggers went to dinner at a hibachi place (my first time) with Mo Mabie, Aly Martinez, Tara Sivec, Erin Noelle, KD Robichaux, Jessica Prince, and Katheryn Perez.  Then we headed back to the hotel bar for fun and drinks with all those authors plus B.T. Urruela, K.L. Grayson, Aurora Rose Reynolds, CJ Roberts, Jas T. Ward, B.L. Marsh and Colleen Hoover. 

Saturday:  The signing from 10am-2pm, followed by author showcase panels. I had fun at the signing, despite it being hot as Hades! So many excited people at these events takes a toll on my introverted self - I get all peopled out!  I also managed to pick up someone else's evil germs at this event and now have the devil of a flu. The author panels were very informative - though I did hear some grumbling from ticket holders. The people who bought the $10 signing only tickets were allowed in to all of the events that us VIP ticket holders paid dearly for.  Seeing as I paid over $100 for my ticket, that was not very fair. But, oh next time I know to buy the cheaper ticket!.  I attended panels for Liliana Hart and her husband, Scott Silveri; CJ Roberts and Emma Chase; R.K. Lilley and Tara Sivec; and Colleen Hoover, Anna Todd, K.L. Grayson and B.T. Urruela. All of these were very interesting - I loved getting to know the authors better.

Sunday:  Breakfast with the authors, bloggers and librarians.  This was a nice buffet style breakfast where I got to meet some fellow bloggers and share our table with CJ Roberts.  I have already read CJ's books - but she is such a nice, open and interesting person that I can't wait for her next project.

My haul from the signing itself - personalized copies and giveaways for the blog.
Emma Chase and CJ Roberts
Q&A Session
Liliana Hart and Scott (LS) Silveri
Presentation:  Real Life Castle

Penny Reid
Colleen Hoover
Aly Martinez
Mo Mabie
Emma Chase
Anne Jolin
This is all the swag and giveaway stuff I got for the blog.  I never know what to do with swag
and feel bad grabbing a lot of it (because I know how much it costs).  This time I literally
 had authors throwing swag at me, so I think I need to do a giveaway soon.
What do you guys do with swag?











No comments:

Post a Comment