Saturday, February 6, 2016

Series Saturday Audiobook Review: Seduction Game by Pamela Clare


Seduction Game 
by Pamela Clare
Series:  I-Team #7
Pub. Date:  Nov. 9, 2015
Publisher:  Tantor Audio
Narrator:  Kaleo Griffith
Length:  12 hrs 4 min
Format:  Audiobook
Source:  Hoopla


My Rating:  
Sultry Scale:


The acclaimed author of Striking Distance returns with more danger, intrigue, and I-Team action...


CIA officer Nick Andris wants revenge. His last mission failed after a Georgian arms smuggler killed his lover. He’s been tailing a woman for three weeks hoping she will lead him to his target. But there’s a problem with the intel. Holly Elise Bradshaw is nothing more than an entertainment writer with a love for sex and designer clothes. Clearly someone at Langley made a mistake . . .

When Holly finds herself in trouble, the only weapons at her disposal are her brains and her body. But they won’t be enough to handle the man who’s following her. He’s going to turn her world upside-down.



I know that I am never going to go wrong with a Pamela Clare I-Team book. I love that her characters are mature adults, often kickass heroines and badass alpha men. The I-Team books are fast-paced and enthrall me with both the suspense and romance aspects.

Holly Bradshaw has never really been taken seriously in earlier books of this series. She is an entertainment reporter, obsessed with shoes and fashion, and always seems to be dating some rich and extravagant man. She is not as shallow as she seems, and she has helped several of the prior heroines in their hours of need. In Seduction Game, we learn that there is much more to Holly than meets the eye. First of all, Holly had a horrible childhood due to an uber creepy father and a self-absorbed mother. Then, at age 18, she gains a secret that she has to keep from everyone in her life from that point forward.

Nick Andris is an agent with the Central Intelligence Ageny, typically working overseas. Having lots his fiancee (also an agent) during an agency mission, he has been looking for answers as to who betrayed his team. Now he is assigned to terminate a guns dealer in Denver - whom Holly seems to be dating. Nick is not 100% on board with this termination, especially once Holly is brought into the mix. Not only is this taking place in the homeland, but it also appears to involve an innocent woman. We saw a strong battle between his morality and his loyalty to his country and the CIA.

As always with Pamela Clare - the chemistry between our H/h is explosive and intense. I would definitely face one of her suspense plots if the result was a steamy romance. I liked that this story had a heroine that was just as capable of the hero - not that I am opposed to damsels. But I loved that Holly was a perceived damsel and everyone was so shocked when they found out the truth. I know we are running out of reporters at this particular paper... but I hope Pamela Clare keeps bring us exciting suspense and sexy alpha males.

View all my reviews

I-Team

No comments:

Post a Comment