Tuesday, December 5, 2017

ARC Review: Once Upon a Christmas Eve by Elizabeth Hoyt

Series:     Maiden Lane #12.6
Pub. Date:Dec. 5, 2017
Publisher:Forever Romance
Length:92 pgs
Source:NetGalley

I believe this is the final book of the Maiden Lane series, which makes me very sad. Luckily, I have not read all the books yet so I still have a few to tide me over until Elizabeth Hoyt gives us another stellar series to moon over. 

Because I haven't read the entire series yet, I am unsure if these characters have been previously introduced. Our hero is Adam Rutledge, Viscount d'Arque. I just love his title! Adam is a notorious rake that just loves using flattery to make females fall at his feet and annoy their jealous husbands to no end. When a winter storm and carriage accident strands Adam and his beloved grandmother, Lady Whimple, Adam finds himself stranded in the family home of the one woman who isn't phased by his charm - Miss Sarah St. John.

After being burned in the past, Sarah does not like rogues. So she could not help getting a little sassy with Adam when his charm made an appearance. But Sarah quickly realizes that Adam may be using that rakish demeanor as a mask, and her feelings start to soften toward him.

Due to the length of the novella, the romance must move along at a very fast pace... but it didn't bother me. I liked both Adam and Sarah, and I was happy to see them get past their hangups and come together. I also liked the setting of the house party over Christmas, but the theme wasn't overly "merry" to the point where I felt the holidays threw up all over the page. 

Overall this was a nice little holiday read that fit nicely into the season and acts as a little taster for those who are having a little trouble letting this series go.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book that I received from the publisher, Forever Romance.

Purchase Links

No comments:

Post a Comment