Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Audiobook Review: Dark in Death by JD Robb

Series:     In Death #46
Pub. Date:Jan. 30, 2018
Publisher:Brilliance Audio
Narrators:Susan Ericksen
Length:13 hrs 25 min
Source:Audible


There is not much left that I can say about Eve Dallas and In Death that I haven't already said in the multitude of reviews that I have done for this series. It continues to be one of my favorite series, and one that I hope stays around for years to come. 

The premise of this installment concerns a rash of murders being carried out across the city that closely mimic the plot lines by a popular writer of police procedurals. I liked this story line as it felt like we were reading a story within a story, and books that somewhat mirrored Eve's own life and career. As always, the suspense plot was written very well and kept my attention throughout the duration of the audiobook. I was not able to guess the villain's identity in this installment, and I always love when a book stumps me until the near end. 

Dark in Death was a bit light on the secondary characters that we know and love, other than Peabody and Roarke. Even Somerset was missing from this installment, but that gave Eve and Roarke some much-needed alone time. And ooh boy - did they take advantage of having the house to themselves. I love seeing the fun, flirty and steamy sides of their characters. Plus - Roarke could be in every scene and I would not ever get tired of him.

Susan Ericksen continues to be a fabulous narrator for this series. She embodies Eve's character to the extent that I have a hard time separating the two when I hear this narrator performing another story. She also does an exception Irish lilt for Roarke that is just all kinds of yummy. I have gotten to the point that I stick to this series solely in audio and save the story for a long road trip as I know it will keep me entertained.

I highly recommend this series to fans of police procedurals, mystery-detective stories, and futuristic fiction.


Purchase Links


No comments:

Post a Comment