Monday, July 31, 2017

ARC Review: Wildfire by Ilona Andrews

Series:     Hidden Legacy #3
Pub. Date:July 25, 2017
Publisher:Avon
Length:391 pages
Source:Edelweiss

I know Wildfire was originally planned as a three book series... but please don't let this be the end!!! I have fallen in love with these characters and their future potential so I really hope the publisher picks up more books or Ilona and Gordon self-publish. Even if Nevada and Rogan's story is somewhat finished, she has all those family members and employees that are just screaming for their own story. I'm crossing my fingers real tight.

Now, on to the story. Things heated up quite a bit between Nevada and Rogan in White Hot, and I was happy to see that they did not backslide in Wildfire. Our couple still had chemistry that was off-the-charts, but they were also working on making their relationship stronger. One big test to that relationship was the reappearance of Rogan's ex-fiancee in their lives, leaning on Rogan just a bit too hard when her husband goes missing. Nevada handled the situation like a mature adult, refusing to play the crazy jealous lover card and instead carrying on with her life. She just screams strong independent woman to me... and knows that her man is a part of her life, but not her whole life.

Nevada's plate was full, dealing not only with Rogan's ex-flame, but also with a scary grandmother, a conspiracy, and taking her very private family public. As always, Ilona and Gordon know how to write action scenes. I love how each scene builds in intensity until the big bang at the end. And the conflict resolution in Wildfire was no joke, I got chills before it was all said and done! 

I liked that the secondary characters continued to be developed in this last book, even Cornelius, Nevada's new employee and semi-sidekick. Everyone has unique magical abilities that give credit to the authors' imagination and creativity. Things were wrapped up enough that we got a sense of closure, but also left open enough for the series to continue. I would definitely be happy hanging out in this world in the future.  

Hidden Legacy

No comments:

Post a Comment