Friday, January 26, 2018

Audiobook Review: Dragon Unbound by Katie MacAlister

Series:       Dragon Falls #4
Pub. Date:Sept. 20, 2017
Publisher:Audible Studios
Narrator:Tavia Gilbert
Length:3hrs 37min

I think Dragon Unbound is the final installment of the combined Dragon Septs series, and that makes me super sad. I just love Katie MacAlister's dragons!

This installment features the First Dragon, that mysterious and haughty demi-god who popped up here and there in previous books. You may recall that he is Baltic's father, but he seems to seek a special relationship with all of our characters. I love that the First Dragon visits all new dragons and welcomes them to world, and it shows a sweet side to his arrogant nature. The First Dragon is somewhat separated from reality, so his trying to understand modern vernacular, amenities and foods was quite humorous. But Katie's dragon books have all been humorous and just a great good time. 


Charity Doe was a unique supernatural character. I liked her paired with the First Dragon and thought they fit well together. It was great that he got to be her savior and she kind of brought him back to life, or helped cure his ennui. 

This story was super short so there wasn't a lot of character development, but I had fun anyway. I do wish the story had been longer because I just have such a good time with the series. I was listening during a road trip and was tempted to go back and listen to the whole series all over again.  If I only had the time!!!

If you enjoy paranormal romance or dragons, I highly recommend Katie's Dragon Septs world. I urge you to read them in order as there is quite a bit of character crossover, and you don't want to miss any of the backstory.

Purchase Links

No comments:

Post a Comment